Williston Middle School has four different band classes:
- 7th Grade Band
- 7th Grade Band is the regular band for 7th grade students. 7th Grade Band marches in the Homecoming and Band Day parades, perform pep band at winter basketball games, as well as playing concerts and various other performances for the community.
- 8th Grade Band
- 8th Grade Band is the regular band for 8th grade students. 8th Grand Band marches in the Homecoming and Band Day parades, perform pep band at winter basketball games, as well as playing concerts and various other performances for the community.
- Beginning Band
- Beginning Band is open to any 7th or 8th grade student that wants to learn to play a band instrument, and sets students up for success in joining 8th grade band or the high school’s concert band next school year.
- Jazz Band
- Jazz Band focuses on learning and performing in various jazz styles and is a smaller group of dedicated musicians. Students in Jazz Band have the opportunity for more performances around the community as well as the chance to perform at Festivals.
The middle school band room is located in room B210 (in the Bakken Elementary side of the school).
- 7th Grade Band: 6th Period – 12:49 p.m. – 1:33 p.m.
- 8th Grade Band: 4th Period – 10:29 a.m. – 11:14 a.m.
- Beginning Band: 7th Period – 1:38 p.m. – 2:22 p.m.
- Jazz Band: 5th Period – 11:49 a.m. – 12:44 p.m.
Middle School Band Advisor
Nicole Rumppe is in her fifth school year teaching band at Williston Middle School.
Like many of my students, I started band as a fifth grader and have now been playing clarinet for sixteen years!