National Junior Honor Society
The purpose of National Junior Honor Society is to create an enthusiasm for scholarship, a desire for service, to promote leadership, develop character, and encourage good citizenship in the students at Williston Middle School. Students may be selected for membership during their second semester of seventh grade by school faculty based on outstanding scholarship, character, leadership, service, and citizenship.
Membership for NJHS begins with the induction ceremony at the end of the seventh grade year and continues through all of eighth grade. The group meets once a month in regular meetings run by student leaders within the group. Students determine at least one service project per month to be completed with the group. These projects are designed to fill a need within our school or community.
Past projects that NJHS has done include:
- hosting and running a Spooky Story Contest for WMS students
- ringing bells for the Salvation Army, a toy drive through the Teddy Bear Toss
- creating and distributing Valentines to every 7th and 8th grade student and teacher
- honoring teachers during Teacher Appreciation Month
- making various donations to worthy causes
- other volunteer opportunities throughout the school year.
Nicole Rumppe is the National Junior Honor Society advisor. If you have any questions about NJHS, contact her at email@example.com.